Monday, January 5, 2009

It's 2009

The beach out front of the Nye Ranch is scattered with kelp. Washed up from the sea, laid to rest. A pair of crows flirt off in the distance. Other lesser birds scuttle in the sand, poking around for sand fleas. The noise of the waves is smooth and dreamy like a blimp cruising through my head. My eyes are closed now. The sea reminds me of how certain everything is, how much I wonder; how much I'll never know. The sky is dark and on the horizon light leaks through like a home made darkroom. Abby is here, and so is Robbie. Abby is a dog, and Robbie is a human. Robbie takes some photos, while Abby rattles kelp in her mouth. A piece explodes and she's confused. Like every animal, she's curious about the world. Figuring out it's reveals and making it hers for the time being.

No comments: