Friday, May 2, 2008

Kissing The Beehive

I just downloaded the new Wolf Parade album. Dan Boeckner Is the coolest musician alive and I can't even believe that I have gotten to see all of his bands. When I saw Atlas Strategic, it was exactly how you would hope an opening act could be. Steal the show and steal the babes too, and portray such a vivid ambitious style of rock n' roll. When I saw them they only played to a crowd of about ten people. There were more people than that, but there was only about ten that were up front paying attention. I fell in love with indie rock music at this time and It has shaped me strongly into all my likes and dislikes of today. James and I saw Wolf Parade open for The Arcade Fire back in the day, and that show was completely fucking insane. It was long before Dante Decaro joined the band to back Boeckner's string bling. They played everything super fast and fucked up so that they could actually pull off all of there shit. I won't mention that other guy in the band, even though he's fucking awesome! This is strictly a Dan love fest. He is so sick on guitar. "He's an original ripper. He's an original coor's." Kissing The Beehive is the name of the album, and you should definitely go and buy it when it is released. It's much different from they're previous album, but it is still the bees knees.

No comments: