Saturday, April 12, 2008

holler

Now I'm awake. Little Leonard Cohen to shake off the little slinky sleepy men. Thinking about that Roy Orbison song in Blue Velvet that John is always singing. Chance has my digital camera in his car. I left it in there when he visited Joe and I in Sac. I won't be able to take any pictures today for my blog gosh dangit. Meeting up with the gang at the park at 11 0'clock. I'm so excited for the weekends because I get to film. I was feeling weird about it, thinking why I'm so into getting other people on film? All these guys just want to see themselves on film and use me for this shit. Why should I want to do this? I thought for awhile. Perhaps it's some sort of hidden nostalgia? I've always loved skateboarding and filming skateboarding. I have been trying to skate again. It's good for the mind. Really I think I love to film because of things like real life, and photography, and just the want to out do myself in every aspect of anything I thought I could do or ever will do. I glance up to think of what I just wrote and feel diminutive in all the trials and tribulations of making anything. I have to plumb all week so that I can make all these payments and get through all this bull shit just so I can try and weasel the weekend towards time for making a film. It's so worth it. The American way. Get all these thing's you want, Work, and pay the fucking bills and keep working towards what you really want. Top the day off with alcohol and dreams. When your working, think about the dreams. Everyone is on the same page. There is such a vibe. We are doing something special and we are making a film. Rock N' Roll..

1 comment:

. said...

right on brother